Cross-cultural didactics – the theory of constructive education in polycultural education space. Subject of cross-cultural didactics will be a teaching and learning process organized in polycultural environment, methods and form of its organization. Fundamental basis of cross-cultural didactics will be the following areas: mission and values statement of the teaching and learning process in every cultural group; culturally specific characteristics of cognitive activity, training (learning) styles typical for every cultural group, specifics of pedagogical discourse, methods and materials in cultural specific key.
In essence a global education unites different educational systems and models. Polycultural educational environment in essence is an educational cross-culture: it is a field including a collection of various informational and pedagogical environments being in the condition of cooperation in the form of the educational communication and educational activity with/without the «diffusion» property. In this context one of objects of didactics of cross-culture is to select methods and to organize the educational environment to fulfill purposes and objects of education of the individual.
Many domestic and foreign researchers consider the range of problems affecting integrated processes in education and whether or not studying the education in the comparative style. It is obvious that such courses of pedagogical science as comparative pedagogics, ethno pedagogics, ethno psychology and also a series of such subjects as cross-cultural psychology and cross-cultural management make a substantial contribution to the critical comprehension and strategical transformation of modern pedagogical science and practice. We shall consider below the background for the separation of cross-cultural didactics in the independent style out of the context of related discourses. Representatives of cross-cultural psychology set themselves a task to comparatively analyze psychological parameters of representatives of different cultural groups to identify specific and invariant indices of mentality and behavior.
Series of similar problems are considered in line with psychological anthropology. Its main objective is to analyze social and cultural life in the context of psychological mechanisms operating in people’s mentality. Centerline of cultural psychology is to consider the complex of cultural models, scenarios and psychological factors responsible for the individual’s behavior. In this case the individual’s mentality and behavior are predominantly of social and conditional nature. Next style is ethnocultural psychology which represents a complex description of cognitive and psychological features of people in terms of local culture, within the framework of the own unique cultural environment.
Followers of this style consider it necessary to describe the people’s mentality and behavior in terms of local, regional culture because they are understood as bearers of this culture within the framework of their own unique cultural environment. D. Matsumoto points out that boundary dividing cross-cultural, cultural, ethnocultural psychology and “taken sides” psychological anthropology in deed and not in name are very obscure despite attempts of several representatives of these schools to strictly set them against one another.
Modern western researches also deal with the problematic of polycultural education against the following styles:
- Perspectives of development and transformation of the role of teachers in the system of higher education online
- Genesis and functions of national and professional (interdisciplinary) cross-culture. Search for innovative didactical models in the environment of the educational cross-culture.
- Specifics of the development of cross-cultural competence of students via coaching.
- Features and problems of the development of the cultural intelligence and cross-cultural competence of the trainee.
- Cross-cultural competence of teachers, studies of the cross-cultural competence from the perspective of multicultural and global education.
- Problematic of structural interaction among trainees and teachers from different cultural traditions.
- Features of cultural and special online courses.
- Specifics of conflict situations appearing during the educational process and based on cultural differentiation.
- Different aspects of academic adaptation of students and Ph. D. candidates from different countries.
- Features of academic achievements in different cultural contexts.
- Cultural features of psychical processes involved in the educational process and their influence on the task performance speed.
- Problems in education institutions caused by the globalization and problems of borrowing of new form of education in different cultures.
- Features of teaching, training and motivation in the polycultural context.
- As can be seen from the above we can note that modern western studies are directed to:
- study and development of the cultural intelligence;
- forming of cross-cultural competence;
- problems and methods of development of cultural and relevant and adaptation programs;
- recording of cognitive styles of education;
- recording of cultural specifics of the educational communication;
- development of cultural and specific educational content and curriculums.